My first fandom experiences were writing mass-crossover "who would beat who in a fight" type fanfiction, in script format. I was less than 10 years old, so now I find it kind of cute. Especially that, when I think about it, now all I do is write "who would fuck who" role plays. I don't think my maturity level has increased much.

Date: 2012-01-24 06:16 am (UTC)
sykriar: (Default)
From: [personal profile] sykriar
Awesome thread idea! 8D

I would say my first fandom-like thing was when I (unknowingly at the time) wrote a Hamtaro fan fiction when I was a wee baby Sykriar. It was cute. I think I still have it somewhere.

To be honest I really dove head-first into fandom with Dragon Age way back last year when I made a Tumblr for the second time. I knew what fandom was before it, but I always thought I never really had the time or the "skill" (as there were so many artists in fandom I thought) to participate in any of the ones I liked. After a while I just decided to jump in and I've been a crazy fandom addict ever since.

I swear if I would've had the courage before I would've been in the FMA fandom SO HARD way back when. Ugh.